List of active policies
|Site Policy||Site policy||Authenticated users|
|Cookies Policy||Other policy||All users|
This privacy statement relates to user accounts created on this site.
Privacy and personal data
The VLE values your privacy. In order to provide the User with access to the open learning virtual training platform, personal information about the User is collected and stored on this website.
What personal data do we process?
This VLE handles the data provided when creating a User Account on this site, such as name and email address. Data on the User's activities on the Website, including any User contribution, is also collected.
How is this information used?
This information is used only to provide access to open trainings on this site.
How long is my data stored?
The user's personal data is stored as long as the account is active in this VLE, i. y. as long as this site is used or until the intended end of the training / course.
I. Description of the Open Learning Virtual Learning Environment Service
learn.eciu.org is an open learning environment, Virtual Learning Environment (hereinafter - VLE) - for the provision of educational content and open content. VLE helps to better integrate formal and non-formal learning scenarios, and also makes users of this environment more motivated to take responsibility for their own learning outcomes.
II. Policy coverage (for whom this document is intended)
- data subject - means a natural person whose personal data are collected, stored or processed (see also the definition of user below);
- data controller - means a natural or legal person, public authority, agency or any other body which alone or jointly with others determines the purposes and means of the processing of personal data, where the purposes, conditions and means of processing are laid down in Union or member state law;
- processor - means a natural or legal person, public authority, agency or any other body which processes personal data on behalf of the controller;
- personal data - means any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person (data subject); a person who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identification number or to one or more specific physical, physiological, mental, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social characteristics of that person;
- processing of personal data - means any operation or operations carried out on personal data by automated or non-automated means, such as collection, recording, sorting, storage, adaptation or modification, reproduction, retrieval, use, disclosure, transmission, distribution or other making available; as well as comparison or merging, blocking, deleting or destroying;
- supervisory authority - means the independent public supervisory authority established by a member state in accordance with Article 51 (Reg. UE 679/2016); (Reg. UE 679/2016);
- „third party" - means any natural or legal person, public authority, agency or any other body, other than the data subject, the controller, the processor and persons directly authorized by the controller or the processor to process personal data;
- website - means an online resource accessible through domain names;
- user or data subject - means an internet user of a website whose identity is known or can be directly or indirectly established.
Purposes and legal basisThe VLE collects and processes your personal data for the following purposes and on this legal basis:
- to give you access to and use of the VLE platform;
- to verify your identity, register, create and maintain your user account;
- to enable the use of the platform for security purposes to be monitored;
- to promote the development of distance learning and learning technologies and methodologies that enable teachers and students to develop digital skills.
- KTU collects and processes personal data for the specified purposes and representing the interests of the data controllers directly concerned, based on the GDPR and with due regard for the legitimate interests of itself and other project participants.
- In fulfillment of contractual obligations: to provide access to a distance learning platform.
- Consent: when children are under the age of 16, personal data will be processed if and only to the extent that the consent has been given or authorized by the child's parents or guardian.
III. What personal data is collected?
In order to provide you with access to the VLE training platform, we have a legitimate basis for processing the following personal data about you:
- For registration and user account
- Role (Student or Teacher);
- Name or Alias (or Account Name);
- Email address;
- School / Institution and class / level;
- Photo or Video;
- Platform support and for security reasons
- IP address;
- Login time and date;
- Journal data;
- During login and use of the website
- IP address;
- Cookie information with navigation data on the website.
IV. When and how do we share personal data?
If necessary, we may share your personal data with environmental authorities, who also follow the same provisions and adhere to the strictest security and data protection requirements to ensure proper protection of your personal data.
Due to the collaboration features of the VLE platform, some personal data may be visible to other users of the platform.
V. Retention of personal data
Your personal data will be processed until you use the VLE platform or until the scheduled end of your studies. After this period, your personal data will become anonymous and will only be used for statistical calculations, unless you renew your consent to the processing of personal data while continuing the learning / study process.
To ensure the security of your personal data, we use the following tools:
- Minimizing the amount of personal data collected;
- Pseudo-anonymous personal data - edupersonTargetID;
- A firewall is used to prevent unauthorized external access;
- Controlled, restricted and controlled access to personal data;
- Backups and backups;
- Regular tests of the effectiveness of the tools used;
- Security and encrypted communication channels.
VII. Your rights
Under the GDPR (Article 15 et seq.), You have the following rights with regard to personal data:
- You have the right to request access to your personal data;
- You have the right to request correction of the information;
- You have the right to object to the processing of your personal data;
- You have the right to data portability;
- You have the right to request the deletion of your personal information for one of the reasons set out in Article 17;
- You also have the following rights with respect to the data we process with your consent:
- You have the right to withdraw consent at any time without affecting the lawfulness of the processing of personal data based on the consent prior to the withdrawal.
VIII. Complaints / Termination
Our site policy explains our limits of service and code of conduct.
By agreeing to this site policy, you acknowledge that you understand and agree with the following points
- learn.eciu.org - open learning virtual learning environment is managed and administered by Kaunas University of Technology (away- the University), legal entity code 111950581, address K. Donelaičio str. 73, LT-44249 Kaunas, VAT payer code LT119505811, e-mail email address firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Please read the Rules for the Use of the Virtual Learning Environment (VLE) (away the Rules) before registering and using the VLE. When using the VLE, the University will assume that the representative is familiar with the Rules, agrees with them and undertakes to comply with them.
- The University may unilaterally change the Rules, the conditions of registration in the VLE, the functionality of the System, the services provided therein.
Purpose and use
- VLE is designed to provide educational content for e. courses that can be intended for a certain audience or all Users registered in the environment, or are available to the public - a Guest.
- The whole educational process can be realized in the course: the whole content of the course, topic or module is presented, communicated through discussions (discussion forums, chats, video conferences, personal messages or e-mail), practical tasks, collaborative activities or group work, assessment and knowledge means of verification: tests, surveys and etc.
- The VLE can be used by the registered person (-s) (hereinafter referred to as the User (-s)) by entering their login data in the registration form in the VLE or by a registered User who has connected to the system via other external systems (eg. via KTU unified login system ) or by manually adding the User and providing login details by the administrator. The user is prohibited from using the VLE for illegal activities.
- By registering and / or using the VLE, the User becomes the manager of his / her login data, he / she ensures the security of his / her login data and the management of the personal settings of the VLE. The user is fully responsible for the actions taken by persons logged in on her behalf. Each User undertakes to immediately inform the University about the loss of login data, illegal use.
- The user agrees that the data provided during or after VLE registration is public and available to VLE visitors.
- Registration and use of the VLE is free.
- The User assumes full responsibility for the compliance of the content of the advertisement with the conditions of the Rules and the legal acts of the Republic of Lithuania.
- The VLE is prohibited from publishing misleading, offensive or other inappropriate content, proposals that contradict the laws of the Republic of Lithuania and established moral norms.
- The University has the right at any time in its sole discretion to remove advertisements or any other information provided by the User, make advertisements (information) invisible, cancel the User's registration, block, edit the User's published content if, in the University's opinion, the User violates these Rules and applicable law acts, provided incorrect, inaccurate, incomplete and / or misleading information, by registering or using the VLE, intentionally and knowingly disclosed fraudulent or incorrect information, or, in the opinion of the University, otherwise acted improperly.
- The University provides technical means and assistance for publishing information to the VLE, but does not undertake or be responsible for the submitted the content of the e-course, its updating if the content is provided by a third party. The content of the e-course is provided and managed by e-course developers
This VLE site is open to everyone, so any User data that he himself posts in discussion forums or elsewhere can be seen by anyone and can be quoted, copied or used elsewhere. The user is not obliged to publish their data, which they want to keep private.
The VLE respects the User's privacy, so the User, as a participant, is not required to use his real name to register with this VLE. However, if e. the course provides for the achievement and issuance of an achievement or a digital certificate or other assessment, in which the name will be displayed as it will be entered in the User's profile.
In order to organize a purposeful and informative learning process and for the VLE to function properly, the User's email is required. An email address that will not be shared or sold to any third parties. VMA e-course or system messages for a specific environment may be sent to the User’s email by post and after training / completion of the e-course. Emails are always sent in discussion forums, email can be unsubscribed, email by clicking on the "unsubscribe" link in the email, the User can manage the incoming messages in their user profile by selecting "Notification Preferences".
Code of conduct
Users are expected to act responsibly and respectfully on this open VLE site.
Please read this policy in conjunction with our privacy notice, which sets out additional details on how we use personally identifiable information and your various rights.
What are cookies?
Cookies are small pieces of text sent by your web browser by a website you visit. A cookie file is stored in your web browser and allows the site or a third-party to recognise you and make your next visit easier and the site more useful to you.
Cookies are common web browsing practices that make it easier to use the website. The user can always view the cookies used in their browser, and change their usage settings there as well. The VMA only uses technical support cookies that store information about the browsing session (session identifier). No other information is stored in cookies and cookies are not used for any other purpose.
To ensure the ability to respond to digital incidents, the University records the IP addresses and actions of visitors ’computers in server logs. An IP address is a unique code that identifies a computer on networks. This is not an unusual practice.
When you use and access the site, we may place a number of cookie files in your web browser.
We use both session and persistent cookies on the site and we use different types of cookies to run the site:
- Essential cookies. Necessary for the operation of the site. We may use essential cookies to authenticate users, prevent fraudulent use of user accounts, or offer site features.
- Analytical/performance cookies. Allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and see how visitors move around the site when using it. This helps us improve the way the site works.
- Functionality cookies. Used to recognise you when you return to the site. This enables us to personalise our content for you, greet you by name, and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
- Targeting cookies. Record your visit to the site, the pages you have visited, and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make the site more relevant to your interests. We may also share this information with third parties for this purpose.
In addition to our own cookies, we may also use various third-party cookies to report usage statistics of the VLE Site and refine marketing efforts.
- Tracking cookies. Follow on-site behaviour and tie it to other metrics allowing better understanding of usage habits.
- Optimization cookies. Allow real-time tracking of user conversion from different marketing channels to evaluate their effectiveness.
What are your choices regarding cookies?
The tables below list some of the internal and third-party cookies we use. As the names, numbers, and purposes of these cookies may change over time, this page may be updated to reflect those changes.
|Cookie Name||Purpose||Expiration||More information|
|MoodleSession||You must allow this cookie into your browser to provide continuity and maintain your login from page to page.||When you log out or close the browser this cookie is destroyed (in your browser and on the server).|
|MOODLEID||It remembers your username within the browser. This means when you return to this site the username field on the login page will be already filled out for you.||It is safe to refuse this cookie - you will just have to retype your username every time you log in.|
|Cookie Name||Purpose||More information|
|__utma||Google Analytics: stores the amount of visits (for each visitor), the time of the first visit, the previous visit, and the current visit.|
|__utmb||Google Analytics: used to check approximately how fast people leave: when a visit starts, and approximately ends.|
|__utmc||Google Analytics: used to check approximately how fast people leave: when a visit starts, and approximately end|
|__utmz||Google Analytics: records whether the visitor came from a search engine (and if so, the search keyword used), a link, or from no previous page (e.g. a bookmark}||https://helpful.knobs-dials.com/index.php/Utma,_utmb,_utmz_cookies|